Private SAn Francisco Bike Tours
What You’ll Experience
Our private tours are exciting custom experiences designed to suit the unique needs of you and your group. This means your tour fits your schedule, interests, abilities, and budget– we make it easy and take care of all the details! We either create a cool variation of one of our existing bike and food tours or develop something wholly unique. In any case, you’ll get an immersive and no-compromises adventure that highlights the best of what makes San Francisco, San Francisco. Whether you’re a longtime local, new SF resident, or visiting for the first or 20th time, you’ll come away with special lasting memories (and photos!), incredible new knowledge, fascinating insights into of this great city.
Why our Private TOURs are SPECIAL
Dandyhorse is the only small, independent tour company of it’s kind in SF. We really care deeply about creating authentic, exceptional private tours and have led dozens of distinctive adventures for every conceivable kind of group. And all of custom tours are owner led too so your group gets the most knowledgeable and engaging guides in SF. Our experience and size means you get the highest quality service, special attention to detail, and bits of magic you won’t find anywhere else. We’re experts in making the ride accessible, safe, and fun for every rider, every time. To that end you’ll ride our awesome custom-built bikes, avoid those notorious hills, taste some SF’s finest food & drinks, hear captivating stories, and see a one-of-a-kind collection of maps & cool historical photos that bring the tour to life.
Availability & Timing
- Private tours are available any day of the week. We recommend scheduling any food-focused bike tours during the week to avoid lines and extra crowds in the neighborhoods.
- Your private tours can begin and end at any time to suit your schedule. As a general rule we can accomodate tours from 8am – 10pm. Tours can last between 2 – 8 hours. We generally recommend a 3 – 5 hour tour to give a comprehensive experience.
- While we recommend booking your private tour as far in advance as possible, we are able to schedule custom tours on shorter notice than most other companies. Just fill out the form below and we’ll do all that we can to make it happen.
Pricing & GROUP SIZE
- We offer private tours for 1 – 20+ people, with multiple guides for larger groups.
- Our private tours are some of the most affordable in SF with a high value-to-cost ratio.
- Private tours have a minimum cost of $400, regardless of tour size or length. General prices are $69 – $129+/person depending on the number of people in your party and scope of the tour.
- Cost of lunch and certain food & drink elements are not included in the tour price. We will detail and estimate any additional food & beverage costs before finalizing the tour with you.
- Gratuities are not included in the tour price. Please consider tipping your guide (rent is very expensive in SF :).
- We’re serious about safety. Your expert local guide will lead you on SF’s friendliest bike routes & quiet back roads.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing.
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our guide for great things to do before and after the tour.
- We also love giving recommendations for SF’s best things to do, eat, and drink after the tour. We’re happy to spend time mapping things out for you after the tour.
Plan Your Private Tour
Just fill out this form with a little more information about your party, preferred dates, and details. We’ll be in touch with you ASAP with all the information and next steps.