A unique FOOD-Meets-Bike EXperience to SF’s ARTISAN Hot Spots
Easy • Ages 13+ 4.5 hours • 11 miles (18km) •
Treat yourself to this tour features a fascinating off-the-beaten-path mix of SF history, food culture, art, and design along with a leisurely and beautiful ride through SF’s sunniest and hippest neighborhoods. You’ll explore the rich history of SF as the artisan food and design capital of the United States, while tasting a collection of the best-of-the-best craft food in the city.
Neighborhoods & Places we’ll explore
Mission District • Potrero Hill • SoMa • the Dogpatch • Mission Bay • South Beach • Hunter’s Point
- Visit and enjoy tastings from three of SF’s finest and most distinctive craft chocolatiers (sorry Ghirardelli!)
- Discover SF’s best food and design hot spots including: an internationally-renowned ceramic factory, artist-maker workshop, boiler room art gallery, printmaking studio, cheesemonger, wine maker, and coffee roaster.
- Ride a beautiful route through SF’s hippest, warmest, and sunniest neighborhoods including a beautiful stretch along the Bay to the Giants baseball stadium
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from a locally famous sourdough-crust pizzeria at an ecopark with panoramic Bay and bridge views
- Chocolate tastings
- Custom built tour bike and helmet.
- Fully-guided tour experience from an awesome, wise local guide.
- Ride snacks, coffee, water, and treats.
- Professional quality tour photo gallery.
READ OUR REVIEWS
Full Tour Details
- Our SF Craft Food & Design bike tour is a great ride for almost anyone! Not sure you'll have a great time? Let's chat about the ride and best tour options for you.
- Expect a pretty flat bike route, with one short hill as we return to the Mission District neighborhood at the end of the tour.
- We will stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, and hydrate, including extended off the bike explorations and lunch.
- Continue your bike adventure and save big. Rent your legendary Dandyhorse bike after the tour for 20% off or get 20% off of any future tour! You'll receive a special discount code in your confirmation email.
- Our tours ride the safest, flattest, and most scenic routes in SF, period.
- We have the smallest bike tour group sizes in SF (8 or less) to ensure the safest ride possible.
- Ride the best tour bikes in SF – we custom build each bike to be the safest around.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our legendary guide to the best of SF food, drinks, and things to do. We also love giving personalized tips-- just ask!
- We'll stop for an awesome picnic lunch. Price of lunch is not included in the tour.
- Solo adventure? We love single guest but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you're the only one signed up on tour day, we'll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- More than 8 in your group? Great! We offer crowd-pleasing, customizable options for larger groups, corporate events and teambuilding. We also offer private tours if you're looking for a more intimate and customized experience.
- Gratuities not included. Please consider tipping your guide (rent is expensive in SF ).