A unique FOOD-Meets-Bike EXperience to SF’s ARTISAN Hot Spots
$79/person Book NOW
Easy • Ages 13+ 4.5 hours • 11 miles (18km) •
Treat yourself to this tour features a fascinating off-the-beaten-path mix of SF history, food culture, art, and design along with a leisurely and beautiful ride through SF’s sunniest and hippest neighborhoods. You’ll explore the rich history of SF as the artisan food and design capital of the United States, while tasting a collection of the best-of-the-best craft food in the city.
Neighborhoods & Places we’ll explore
Mission District • Potrero Hill • SoMa • the Dogpatch • Mission Bay • South Beach • Hunter’s Point
- Visit and enjoy tastings from three of SF’s finest and most distinctive craft chocolatiers (sorry Ghirardelli!)
- Discover SF’s best food and design hot spots including: an internationally-renowned ceramic factory, artist-maker workshop, boiler room art gallery, printmaking studio, cheesemonger, wine maker, and coffee roaster.
- Ride a beautiful route through SF’s hippest, warmest, and sunniest neighborhoods including a beautiful stretch along the Bay to the Giants baseball stadium
- Enjoy a picnic lunch from a locally famous sourdough-crust pizzeria at an ecopark with panoramic Bay and bridge views
- Chocolate tastings
- Custom built tour bike and helmet.
- Fully-guided tour experience from an awesome, wise local guide.
- Ride snacks, coffee, water, and treats.
- Professional quality tour photo gallery.
READ OUR REVIEWS
This is a great bike ride for chocolate lovers! We cruised at a nice tempo, from coffee houses to local chocolate producers and other noteworthy places. Dandyhorse’s knowledge of these areas is deep and entertaining. SF is full of steep hills, but the tour was organized to avoid most of these. An overall excellent experience, through parts of the city that we wouldn’t have seen… Read more “SF Chocolate Tour Review”Ollie & Anna-Klara N., Sweden
This is a great bike ride for chocolate lovers! We cruised at a nice tempo, from coffee houses to local chocolate producers and other noteworthy places. Dandyhorse’s knowledge of these areas is deep and entertaining. SF is full of steep hills, but the tour was organized to avoid most of these. An overall excellent experience, through parts of the city that we wouldn’t have seen… Read more “SF Chocolate Tour Review”
Full Tour Details
- Our SF Craft Food & Design bike tour is a great ride for almost anyone! Not sure you'll have a great time? Let's chat about the ride and best tour options for you.
- Expect a pretty flat bike route, with one short hill as we return to the Mission District neighborhood at the end of the tour.
- We will stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, and hydrate, including extended off the bike explorations and lunch.
- Continue your bike adventure and save big. Rent your legendary Dandyhorse bike after the tour for 50% off or get 20% off of any future tour! You'll receive a special discount code in your confirmation email.
- Our tours ride the safest, flattest, and most scenic routes in SF, period.
- We have the smallest bike tour group sizes in SF (6 or less) to ensure the safest ride possible.
- Ride the best tour bikes in SF – we custom build each bike to be the safest around.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our legendary guide to the best of SF food, drinks, and things to do. We also love giving personalized tips-- just ask!
- We'll stop for an awesome picnic lunch. Price of lunch is not included in the tour.
- Solo adventure? We love single guest but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you're the only one signed up on tour day, we'll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- More than 6 in your group? Great! We offer crowd-pleasing, customizable options for larger groups, corporate events and teambuilding. We also offer private tours if you're looking for a more intimate and customized experience.
- Gratuities not included. Please consider tipping your guide (rent is expensive in SF ).