Explore the food and art culture of San Francisco’s most hip, vibrant, and historical neighborhood
$79/person Book Tour
Easy • Ages 13+ 3.5 hours • 7 miles (11km) •
Bike Tour Overview
This fascinating San Francisco food tour by bike focuses on the Mission District, the hippest and sunniest neighborhood in the city. On our Mission District food tour we’ll do an extensive exploration of the neighborhood, which is at the heart of SF’s famous craft food scene, world-class mural art, and cutting-edge design culture.
You’ll get an in-depth look at the vibrant and eclectic fabric of the Mission District from longtime neighborhood resident-guides, as you learn about the roots of San Francisco history, it’s oldest buildings, and the 1906 earthquake. Then we’ll switch gears, tasting our way through a world-famous bakery, tortilla factory, coffee roaster, artisan grocery, and bean-to-bar chocolatier. We’ll also stop for a picnic lunch at SF’s most beautiful neighborhood park then explore a selection of the Mission District’s most legendary mural art and design businesses.
Along the way, we’ll also discover plenty of other classic Mission District curiosities and fascinations that make the neighborhood a must-see SF destination for locals and visitors alike. There’s isn’t a more unique or extensive food tour anywhere in San Francisco– enjoy!
Neighborhoods we’ll explore
the one and only Mission District – SF’s original and best
- Visit and enjoy tastings from five renowned SF food destinations, including: award-winning pastries at Tartine Bakery, organic local produce at Bi-Rite Market, fresh tortillas and guacamole from La Palma, an artisan cup of coffee at the Four Barrel roastery, and bean-to-bar chocolate at the Dandelion factory.
- Learn about the roots of San Francisco history, including a a crash course on Victorian architecture, a fascinating first-hand look at the 1906 earthquake, and a visit to the city’s oldest building at Mission Dolores.
- Enjoy a delicious picnic lunch with sandwiches from Tartine and seasonal goodies from Bi-Rite Market at Dolores Park, featuring stunning panoramic views of the SF city skyline.
- See SF’s largest mural, an infamous mural alley with the city’s most diverse, highest quality street art, and so much more!
- Food tastings*
- Custom built tour bike and helmet.
- Small group tour, with 6 or less people. Larger group or want a private tour? See all the sweet, customizable options.
- Fully-guided tour experience from an awesome, wise local guide.
- Ride snacks, coffee, water, and treats.
- Professional quality tour photo gallery.
Full Bike Tour Details
- The Mission District food tour is a great ride for almost anyone! Not sure you'll have a great time on this easy ride? Let's chat about the ride and best tour options for you.
- Expect a flat bike route and a shorter distance but see so much!
- We will stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, and hydrate, including extended off the bike explorations and lunch.
- Continue your bike adventure and save big. Rent your legendary Dandyhorse bike after the tour for 50% off or get 20% off of any future tour! You'll receive a special discount code in your confirmation email.
- Our tours ride the safest, flattest, and most scenic routes in SF, period.
- We have the smallest tour group sizes (6 or less) in SF to ensure the safest ride possible.
- Ride the best tour bikes in SF – we custom build each bike to be the safest around.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our legendary guide to the best of SF food, drinks, and things to do. We also love giving personalized tips-- just ask!
- We'll stop for an awesome picnic lunch. *Price of lunch is not included in the tour.
- Solo adventure? We love single guest but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you're the only one signed up on tour day, we'll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- More than 6 in your group? Great! We offer crowd-pleasing, customizable options for larger groups, corporate events and teambuilding. We also offer private tours if you're looking for a more intimate and customized experience.
- Gratuities not included. Please consider tipping your guide (rent is expensive in SF ).