The Essential SF BIKE TOUR
Neighborhoods & Places we’ll visit
- SoMa – Where we’re located– near everything! We’ll begin and end the tour at our shop at 33 Gordon Street. The world Tech epicenter, the world’s largest modern art museum, and an eclectic mix of food & shops.
- Mission District – A ‘city-within-a-city’, it’s SF’s oldest, hippest, and most diverse place. Home to incredible mural art, SF’s best burritos, and lots of cool history.
- the Castro – home to SF’s most famous movie theater, legendary activism, and distinctive culture. The world’s most important and iconic LGBT neighborhood.
- Duboce Triangle – SF’s smallest neighborhood and the heart of the famous wiggle bike route.
- Alamo Square – home to SF’s most iconic Victorians and legendary views.
- NOPA – Where grand Victorian architecture, meets some of SF’s coolest shops
- the Panhandle – the start and oldest part of GG park. Home to iconic Bay Area trees and famous concerts.
- Golden Gate Park – SF’s grandest park and our favorite outdoor destination. Home to over 50,000 different plant species, world class art & science museums, plenty of Victorian curiosities, the country’s oldest Japanese tea garden, and the site of SF’s first world’s fair.
- Haight-Asbury – The heart of the summer of love and the epicenter of hippie culture and the 60’s music scene. Now home to legendary record stores, funky shops and bars, plus some of SF’s grandest and most diverse Victorian architecture.
- Lower Haight – Home to legendary beer bars and the end of the famous wiggle bike route.
Bike Tour Map
Ride SF’s highest quality bikes.
- You’ll tour the city on the most fun, safe, comfortable, and easy-to-ride bikes around! We custom build all of our bikes just for SF’s unique riding conditions.
- When you arrive, we’ll expertly fit you to your bike and you’ll have plenty of time to test ride and get comfy before we head out.
- All of our handmade-in-the-USA bikes feature an upright riding position, handlebar bags for your most essential items, and a super-wide gear range for leisurely pedaling
Golden Gate Bridge Option
For Just $15/person More
- Choose this incredible and easy-to-follow self-guided tour extension to the Golden Gate Bridge! This extra-special, super beautiful, and nearly all flat route is one few visitors get to experience.
- Continue along to Sausalito and take the ferry back or choose a stunning loop along the northern waterfront of SF.
- Includes mapping session, custom map with turn-by-turn directions, lights (as needed), and extra bike time.
- Includes custom bike, expert bike fitting, and SF’s best bike tour guide!
- Dessert is included at our lunch stop.
- Not included: lunch, drinks, and additional food items along the way. Please budget $10-15/person here for the best experience.
- Please consider tipping your guide for great service.
- Solo adventure? We love single guests but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you’re the only one signed up on tour day, we’ll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- This Essential SF is accessible to nearly everyone & avoids all but one small hill (for an awesome view). We rate this leisurely-paced ride as moderate as we’ll be pedaling through 10 neighborhoods over 5 hours & gain about 400′ (120m) on a few casual inclines.
- You’ll get some exercise but we promise it’s worth it! We’ll also stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, hydrate, incl. extended off the bike explorations & lunch.
- We’re serious about safety. Your expert local guide will lead you on SF’s friendliest bike routes & quiet back roads.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing.
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check our AWESOME guide for great things to do before and after the tour.