The ESSential SF BIKE TOUR
Moderate • Ages 13+4.5 hours • 12 miles (19km) •
Neighborhoods & Places WE’LL Visit
- Mission District – We’ll start and finish here– it’s our home & SF’s most vibrant ‘hood. A ‘city-within-a-city’, it’s SF’s oldest, hippest, and most diverse place. Home to incredible mural art, SF’s best burritos, and lots of cool history.
- the Castro – home to SF’s most famous movie theater, legendary activism, and distinctive culture. The world’s most important and iconic LGBT neighborhood.
- Duboce Triangle – SF’s smallest neighborhood and the heart of the famous wiggle bike route.
- Alamo Square – home to SF’s most iconic Victorians and legendary views.
- NOPA – Where grand Victorian architecture, meets some of SF’s coolest shops
- the Panhandle – the start and oldest part of GG park. Home to iconic Bay Area trees and famous concerts.
- Golden Gate Park – SF’s grandest park and our favorite outdoor destination. Home to over 50,000 different plant species, world class art & science museums, plenty of Victorian curiosities, the country’s oldest Japanese tea garden, and the site of SF’s first world’s fair.
- Haight-Asbury – The heart of the summer of love and the epicenter of hippie culture and the 60’s music scene. Now home to legendary record stores, funky shops and bars, plus some of SF’s grandest and most diverse Victorian architecture.
- Lower Haight – Home to legendary beer bars and the end of the famous wiggle bike route.
- Custom built tour bike and helmet.
- Small group tour, with 6 or less people. Larger group or want a private tour? See all the sweet, customizable options.
- Fully-guided tour experience from an awesome, wise local guide.
- Ride snacks, coffee, water, and treats.
- Professional quality tour photo gallery.
Full Bike Tour Details
- The Essential San Francisco bike tour covers a medium distance and some hills, taken at a leisurely pace over several hours. Not sure you'll have a great time on this moderately challenging ride? Let's chat about the ride and best tour options for you.
- We will stop frequently to take in the sights, snack, and hydrate, including extended off the bike explorations.
- Continue your bike adventure and save big. Rent your legendary Dandyhorse bike after the tour for 30% off or get 20% off of any future tour! You'll receive a special discount code in your confirmation email.
- Our tours ride the safest, flattest, and most scenic routes in SF, period.
- We have the smallest tour group sizes (6 or less) in SF to ensure the safest ride possible.
- Ride the best tour bikes in SF – we custom build each bike to be the safest around.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our legendary guide (on our homepage) to the best of SF food, drinks, and things to do. We also love giving personalized tips-- just ask!
- Solo adventure? We love single guest but require 2 people to go on this tour. If you're the only one signed up on tour day, we'll happily reschedule you, offer a full refund, or set you up on an amazing self-guided SF adventure.
- More than 6 in your group? Great! We offer crowd-pleasing, customizable options for larger groups, corporate events and teambuilding. We also offer private tours if you're looking for a more intimate and customized experience.
- Gratuities not included. Please consider tipping your guide for great service (rent is expensive in SF ).