GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE BIKE TOUR OPTION
Neighborhoods & Places YOU’ll SEE (IN ADDITION TO THOSE ON YOUR TOUR)
- Sausalito (optional) – Ride to this charming bayside town to get the experience of riding the whole bridge and take the ferry back to SF. We have a special and extra-beautiful route along the bay to Sausalito that few get to experience.
- the Presidio – the most raw and expansive nature area in SF. Home to incredible views of the Bay and your path to our exceedingly-beautiful and cool approach to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- the Marina – One of SF’s fanciest and most tidy ‘hoods with pristine Bay and Bridge views.
- Palace of Fine Art – The last remaining jewel from the 1915 World’s fair and a strikingly grand piece neo-classical architecture.
- Fisherman’s Wharf – the tourist heart of SF, think Disneyland in the city.
- North Beach – SF’s famous Italian ‘hood and former heart of the legendary Barbary Coast red light district.
- Embarcadero – Pristine cruising along the SF Bay with views of SF’s tallest buildings and cool public art.
- Ferry Building – the gateway to Sausalito by boat and home to SF’s great foodie marketplace. A great place to stop for drink enroute.
- Bay Bridge – cruise right under SF’s less famous bridge, yet still grand and beautiful connection to the East Bay
- South Beach – Get up close and personal with SF’s coolest stadium, AT&T Park, home to the SF Giants and the closest you can get to Oakland in the city.
- Mission Bay – Previous home to SF’s shipping industry, home to bustling high-rise residences, UCSF, and the new Golden State Warriors stadium.
Golden Gate Bridge Bike Tour Option (Sausalito / North SF loops shown)
Zoom in for more details and click the icons to see lookouts, food & drink, and other points of interest along the way. Your route will be customized based on your interests and schedule.
How it works
You’ll depart from the group at our stop at Golden Gate Park and follow a custom-made-for-you map that takes you to the Presidio (the other grand nature area of SF) where you’ll get an expansive perspective on the Bay and Alcatraz then minutes later get a stunning reveal of the Golden Gate and Pacific Ocean– the single most epic viewpoint in all of San Francisco. Then continue along to ride the bridge to Sausalito (and take the ferry back) or along the gorgeous bayside bike paths of the north side of the city. There are tons of great points of interests, lookout spots, and places to enjoy great food and drink along the way (see the above map to get an idea). Just return the bike before the Dandyhorse shop closes at 7pm. This gives you approximately 4 additional hours to explore.
- Tour extension includes route planning session, custom-made-for-you map with turn-by-turn directions and cool stop ideas, extra bike rental time, & lights (seasonal).
- Please show up 30 minutes early so we can plan out your route and go over some logistical details.
- Note: This is a self-guided route you can take only as additional extension to one of our guided tours. This meaning you will be riding the extension without a tour guide. You will, however build tons of confidence on the guided portion of the ride and have an easy to follow map with turn by directions to ensure you have a great experience!
- This Golden Gate Bridge extension is accessible to nearly everyone & avoids all but one shorter hill (for an awesome view). We rate this leisurely-paced ride extension as moderate as you’ll be pedaling extra distance through extra nature areas and neighborhoods over 2-3 hours of additional riding (about 300′ (90m) on a few casual inclines.
- You’ll get some more exercise and be tired after but we promise it’s worth it– this creates an epic and memorable SF day! Go at your own pace and follow our awesome recommendations for stops, sights & snacks along the way.
- We’re serious about safety. Your expert local guide will map your route that follows SF’s friendliest bike routes & quiet back roads.
- Helmets are mandatory and there is an extensive pre-ride safety briefing.
BEFORE & AFTER
- Need a pre-ride coffee or post-ride refresher? Check out our guide for great things to do before and after the tour.